A120 will be closed for resurfacing at various points in March as follows:
- A120 / A1184 / A1250 roundabout, Bishop’s Stortford – 11–15 March (5 nights, 10pm–5am) – local diversions via Bishop’s Stortford will be in place.
During the following closures, traffic wanting to travel between the A10 and Bishop’s Stortford (and vice versa) will need to follow a signed diversion route along the A10, A414 and A1184:
- Hadham Road to Hadham Hall – 16–19 March (4 nights, 10pm–5am).
- Little Hadham crossroads – 20–21 March (2 nights, 10pm–5am).
- Horsecross to High Street, Standon – 22–24 March (3 nights, 10pm–5am).
- Station Road, Standon to Cambridge Road, Puckeridge – 25–28 and 30 March (5 nights, 10pm–5am).
- A120 Standon Hill / Kents Lane, Standon (A10 roundabout to High Street, Standon) – 2–3 March (weekend closure, daytime only, 7am–5pm).
- Cambridge Road, Puckeridge – Cambridge Road is closed southbound but will remain open to northbound traffic only.
- Station Road, Standon – 24/7 road closure from 25 Feb to 5 May 2019 to enable utility cable diversion works, footway improvement works, decommissioning of the existing traffic signals and preparation works for the new traffic signal controlled junction and pedestrian crossing facilities at the junction with the A120. A signed diversion route will be in place during the closure to help you navigate around it.
- High Street, Standon – 24/7 road closure from 16 May to 7 June to enable junction realignment and footway improvement works. There will be no vehicular access from the A120 into High Street during these works.
We're monitoring the situation on site to increase or reduce traffic management, as necessary.
This includes ‘Keep clear’ road markings to improve access to the A120 from South Road.
Can you put 3 way lights on the South Road junction?
We understand that the current temporary traffic management is inconvenient. It's unfortunate that traffic queuing on the A120 doesn't leave gaps for vehicles exiting South Road.
Unfortunately, we can't put 3 way lights on the South Road junction. We did this a few months ago and it resulted in unacceptable queues on the A120.