Construction is underway and the bulk of work in Standon is due to be completed by June 2019, although some work at Cambridge Road will continue through to August.
The construction does require us to close South Road/Barwick Road, Cambridge Road, Station Road and High Street for periods of time. There will also be night time closures occasionally on the A120 itself. For the latest details of traffic management and road closures visit www.roadworks.org
As part of the on-going Standon works, we need to close the A120 in the vicinity of Station Road for our contractor to carry out some work and allow utility companies to move some of their equipment.
During the closures traffic wanting to travel between the A10 and Bishop Stortford will need to follow the diversion route (a map is available to download from this website).
Sometimes our plans have to change at the last minute, so for the latest information we recommend you check www.roadworks.org to find out whether the closures are going ahead as planned.
We apologise for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.
Weekend Closure: 01-04 March (2 days/nights)
Night closures: 11 March – 01 April (16 nights)
Weekend Closure: 23 – 25 March (2 days/nights)
Weekend Closure: 30 March – 01 April (2 days/nights)
Weekend Closure: 06 – 08 April (2 days/nights)
Night closures: 15 – 18 April (4 nights)
Weekend Closure: 08 – 10 June (2 days/nights)
Night closures: 10 – 13 June (4 nights)
Night closures: 05 – 09 August (5 nights)
• A120 Kents Lane, Standon - 24/7 two-way temporary traffic signals from 2 Jan to 17 Feb 2019 - to enable kerb realignment, bus stops and footway improvement works.
• A120 will be closed as follows during the following periods. During the closures, traffic wanting to travel between the A10 and Bishop’s Stortford (and vice-versa) will need to follow a signed diversion route along the A10, A414 and A1184.
• A120 Stortford Road/Hadham Road, (Albury Road to A1184 roundabout) 16-17 February – Weekend closure (daytime only 7am-5pm)
• A120 Standon Hill / Kents Lane, Standon (A10 roundabout to High Street, Standon) 1 - 4 March – Weekend closure (Friday 8pm through to Monday 5am)
• Cambridge Road, Puckeridge - Cambridge Road is closed southbound but will remain open to northbound traffic only.
• Station Road, Standon - 24/7 road closure from 25 Feb to 5 May 2019 to enable utility cable diversion works, footway improvement works, decommissioning of the existing traffic signals and preparation works for the new traffic signal controlled junction and pedestrian crossing facilities at the junction with the A120. A signed diversion route will be in place during the closure to help you navigate around it.
• High Street, Standon – 24/7 road closure from 16 May to 7 June to enable junction realignment and footway improvement works. There will be no vehicular access from the A120 into High Street during these works.