A1170 Wadesmill Road pedestrian improvements, Ware
We're planning to improve access for pedestrians and cyclists along A1170 Wadesmill Road, Ware (at the junction with Kingsway).
Working hours will be 9.30am – 4pm on weekdays using a temporary traffic control. Carriageway surfacing works on A1170 Wadesmill Road will be done at night (9pm – 5am) under a full road closure.
Traffic will be diverted by A1170 Wadesmill Road, A10, A10 Amwell Link Road and A1170 Pepper Hill/Amwell Hill/ London Road/Viaduct Road/Bridge Foot/Highstreet/Baldock Road.
What is happening?
- Footways will be widened and converted to shared-use so both pedestrians and cyclists can use the footways.
- Pelican crossing on A1170 Wadesmill Road noth of the Kingsway junction will be widened and upgraded.
- Carriageway will be narrowed and the pedestrian crossing will be improved on A1170 Wadesmill Road northbound exit from roundabout junction on Baldock street.
- Adding of a signed on-street cycle route between Asda on Watton Road and Kingsway shops (via Canons Road).
- Footpath between Lower Bourne Gardens and A1170 Wadesmill Road will be widened and converted to shared-use so both pedestrians and cyclists can use the footways.
- Pedestrian accessIbility improvements to help blind and partially sighted at Gladstone Road, Croft Road and Wengeo Lane.
- Pedestrian accessIbility improvements at Park Road/Fanshawe Crescent junction and outside St Catherines C of E Primary School.