We're carrying out improvements on Denham Way and Chalfont Road junction.
Upcoming roadworks and closures
Updated: 24 April 2021
We have changed our supply chain partner delivering the A412 Denham Way scheme at short notice. A new sub-contractor will be on site soon. We're confident we can make up any lost time and meet most key milestone dates for the project.
Unfortunately, progress on the project has been delayed for a combination of reasons:
- bad weather (daytime temperates below zero) at the start of the year
- difficulty in obtaining supply of some construction materials
- additional works to overcome technical difficulties on-site.
As a result, the overall completion date for the scheme has moved to 13 July 2021.
We apologise for the delay. We're doing everything we can to complete the project asap and keep inconvenience to a minimum.
To help reduce disruption, we're planning to re-open Chalfont Road once we complete all works on the road. We're aiming for around 28 May 2021.
From 25 January (7.30am - 5pm):
- Northbound lane of A412 Denham Way to be closed either side of the junction with Chalfont Road, vehicle access will be maintained by the use of three-way temporary traffic signals on Denham Way and Maple Lodge Close. On completion of work on the western side of A412 Denham Way the lane closure will switch to the southbound lane.
- Chalfont Road is to be closed from its junction with Oakhill Close to the A412 Denham Way. Vehicles will be diverted via Hornhill Road and Woodland Road. Vehicle access to Oakhill Close will be maintained by the use of 2-way temporary traffic signals at the junction of Chalfont Road and Oakhill Close. Entry to Crosslands and surrounding properties will be via A412 Denham Way and Chalfont Road, exit will be via the Northern end of Denham Way service road.
- Denham Way Service Road (West) is to be closed at its junction with Chalfont Road. Access is to be maintained via the southern end of the service road.
From 19 May (8pm - 5am):
- A412 Denham Way to be closed – Access into and out of Maple Lodge Close will be maintained.
- Chalfont Road closed at its junction with Oakhill Close. Vehicles will be diverted via Hornhill Road and Woodland Road.
Why we're doing it
We are proposing to change the layout at the junction of Denham Way and Chalfont Road, resurfacing the approaches to the junction, we will also be refurbishing the existing traffic signals to conform with the new layout.
Whilst construction works are being undertaken, traffic management will be installed providing a safe environment for the public and the workforce.
Opening in a new window
Opening in a new window