The Safe and Considerate Driving course combines a mixture of classroom discussion and practical driving.
There is no formal driving test.
The course is divided into 2 parts:
- an online course via Zoom. It costs £90 in Hertfordshire and lasts 2 and a half hours. You'll need a PC, laptop or tablet with a camera and microphone and reliable internet connection capable of streaming video. We'll send you details of how to join.
You must show your driving licence with photo ID at registration to take part.
- a practical driving session on the road. We provide a fully insured car with a driving coach. We'll offer you this session later when coronavirus restrictions are lowered. This part costs £85 (payable when you book) and lasts 2 hours.
Call 0300 123 4035 in advance of the course if you have special requirements.
- instalment payments – the course must be fully paid for in advance
- if you are breastfeeding or need to arrange childcare – you can't bring a baby or child into the course. You'll need someone to care for your baby or child while you take part
- an interpreter – we can provide one or you can bring one if you tell us in advance (they must be over 16 years old and have some ID).
Will my information be kept confidential?
Yes. We’ll keep your attendance information for 3 months from the course date. We’ll tell the police about your attendance once you have completed the course. Details of the police data policies.