Posted: Friday 29th November 2019
Here's a short fun literary themed quiz for you to have a go at, you can find the answers at the bottom of the 'What's On - December' section of the eNewsletter/Blog!
1. In a Christmas Carol who was the second ghost to visit Ebenezer Scrooge
a. Christmas Present
b. Christmas past
2. Susy Clemens' receives 'a letter from Santa Claus' which was written by her famous father, but who was he?
a. JRR Tolkien
b. Mark Twain
3. In 'Let it Snow', a novel of three intertwining short stories who wrote 'A Cheertastic Christmas Miracle'?
a. Maureen Johnson
b. John Green
4. What is the alternative title for Agatha Christie's 'The Adventure of the Christmas Pudding'?
b. The Theft of the Royal Ruby
5. In 'Letters from Father Christmas' what does the accident prone Polar Bear do?
a. Trips over the reindeer harness and gets tangled up
b. Falls through Father Christmas' roof
6. In 'The Polar Express' what is the first gift of Christmas wished for by the boy?
a. A silver bell from a reindeers harness
b. A snowflake that will never melt
7. What was one of the gifts given to Harry Potter by the Dursleys'?
a. A toothpick
b. A duster
8. In the beginning of the 'Gift of the Magi', what treasure is Jim most proud of?
a. His gold watch
b. His collection of books
9. In 'T'was the Night before Christmas, 8 reindeer are named, Dasher, Dancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner and Blitzen are 7 but what was the name of the 8th?
10. What embarrassed Hans Christian Andersons Fir Tree at the beginning of his story?
a. The other trees laughed at him
b. A hare hops over him
11. Who is the author of the childrens' novel 'The Snowman'?
a. Cornelia Funke
b. Raymond Briggs
12. Christmas Land is a place you would not want to visit in this novel by Joe Hill?
b. Heart Shaped Box
13. In 'The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe' what gift does Father Christmas give Lucy Pevensie?
a. A dagger and a bottle of fire flower juice
b. A sword and a packet of singing berries
14. Who wrote the Christmas novella 'The Cricket on the Hearth: a fairy tale of home'?
a. Mark Twain
b. Charles Dickens
15. What is the final line of the poem 'T'was the Night before Christmas?'
a. Merry Christmas I say and wish you all a good night
b. Happy Christmas to all and to all a good night
16. What happens when the little girl lights the third match in 'The Little Match Girl'?
a. Snow begins to fall
b. A Christmas tree appears
17. In 'Little Women' what is it that Jo sells to pay for the travel expenses so that her mother can visit her father?
a. Her Brooch
b. Her Hair
18. What is the angel called in Christopher Moore's novel 'The Stupidest Angel'?
19. How many sizes does the Grinch's heart grow in' How the Grinch Stole Christmas'?
20. Where was Dylan Thomas' 'A Childs Christmas' set?
21. Which story begins with a Christmas goose being dropped in the street?
a. Arthur Conan Doyle's 'The Blue Carbuncle'
b. Charles Dickens 'The Haunted Man'
22. In Tom Fletchers 'The Christmasaurus' what does the Dinosaur want to be?
a. A Reindeer
b. An Elf