Posted: Wednesday 1st August 2018
In 2017 we held a survey in a number of libraries the survey called PLUS (Public Library Users Survey) is run by CIPFA, The Chartered Institute of Public Finance & Accounting, the survey gave us a lot or information which we are using to inform our buying this year.
One of the areas that came up in the survey was people asking for 'stock to move between libraries' to freshen the selection available.
This is actually something we have been doing for many years, so libraries receive stock that is 'new to them' every day.
Another thing that came out of the survey was some of the lovely comments made about individual libraries, the stock and just about the service in general.
Some of those are included below:
- Appreciate the email notifications about books that are due.
- Useful to be able to request books from within the county so my son can read whole series of books.
- Good choice of cook books and magazines.
- Range of modern fiction books is wonderful.
- I enjoy coming with my children as they go through books so fast. Great selection and nice 3 week loan.
- The online eBooks are amazing.
- Good choice of magazines & DVDs to borrow.
- DVD choice very good.
- Like the ‘hot picks’ of recently reviewed books.
- I use the stamp catalogues on a regular basis and am grateful for the ability to use them.
- It’s easy to negotiate different categories.
- I love that the library always has current author books and always in excellent condition.
- I really enjoy the “new to the library” shelves, which make selecting new works an easy experience.
- Choice of books is excellent – I love the ‘Hot Picks’ selection. The choice of new releases is amazing and I recommend this to everyone!
- I like the books displayed at the end of the book racks. I often find something unusual I wouldn’t have looked for or found otherwise.
- The travel section is really useful.
- It is nice that copies of new books are available so readily.
- The range of books, including new publications, is brilliant and of invaluable use to my job.
- BorrowBox is excellent, very simple to use and quick to download audiobooks.
- Book displays around the shelves have enabled me to explore other authors and subjects.
- Really impressed by the number of new books the county-wide service orders.
- My son is just learning to read and your selection of first readers really helps this because the school selection is really mixed and often tired and boring.
Thank you to all library members who gave their time to take part in our survey and give us their honest opinions. Please rest assured that all your opinions/ideas are considered and noted and help us in future planning.