Posted: Friday 28th February 2020
Quick Reads were launched in 2006, and since then more than 100 titles have been published.
Quick Reads have been created specifically for adults who are less confident readers, who may not see themselves as readers or who may feel that it has been a long time since they have read.
Quick Reads aim to develop lifelong reading habits, bringing the pleasures and benefits of reading to everyone.
Each year, Quick Reads works with different bestselling authors to produce six short and engaging books. These are mainly complete novels, with great plot llines and something for everyone - they are just a shorter read than a traditional book. Authors include Ian Rankin, Claire Mackintosh, Mark Billingham and Dorothy Koomson. There are also non-fiction titles including biographies available in the collections.
The six titles published for 2020 are:
- A fresh start - 10 gripping stories from 10 bestselling authors
- Notting Hill Carnival: A West Side Story - Candice Carty-Williams
- The Donor - Claire Mackintosh
- The little dreams of Lara Cliffe - Milly Johnson
- Darkness Rising - A.A. Dhand
- This is going to hurt - Adam Kay (abridged version)
To find out more, visit your local library.