A free, international celebration of community, bringing people together with arts, science, crafts and technology
Based on a never-built idea from theatre director Joan Littlewood and architect Cedric Price, the first Fun Palaces took place in the UK and worldwide in October 2014, when 138 venues, locations, communities and groups created their own local events.
Approximately 40,000 people participated in person, while tens of thousands more engaged with them online. By 2016, the third Fun Palaces weekend, 292 Fun Palaces across the world were made by 4,800 people with 124,000 taking part.
Activities are all free and include
All activities are free and there is no need to book.
- 12noon to 3pm - The Great British Blast Off as we launch rockets in the library
- 12noon to 1pm - Arts and Crafts
- 1pm to 2pm - Learn a few words in Polish
- 2pm to 3pm - Learn a French song
- 4pm - a chance for children aged 7+ to try out a range of instruments with young musicians from Hertfordshire Music School
- 3.15pm - Story Time
- 4pm to 4.30pm - a chance for 0-3 year olds to be musical with Music Jigsaw
Come along and Be Inspired.
Childrens stories and rhymes
7 October 2017 at 12:00 - 16:30