Hertfordshire Ecology provides specialist ecological advice to support the planning process, from householder proposals to major transport, commercial, housing or leisure schemes.
We are a shared service supported and funded by 8 Hertfordshire Local Planning Authorities, and provide advice on all aspects of planning, including:
- Local and Neighbourhood Plans
- Sustainability Appraisals
- Pre-application enquiries and planning applications
- Environmental Impact Assessments
- Discharge of conditions and S106 Agreements.
Where necessary, the team can provide expert witness evidence for all types of appeals.
Please note, some Hertfordshire Districts use Biodiversity Checklists which serve to highlight issues for which additional information or surveys may be required to properly inform proposals.
Hertfordshire Ecology also provides independent advice to prospective applicants and the public. Contact us for our charging policy.