Help to promote your local Health Walks and support others to get fitter and healthier.
What you'll be doing
- Manning stalls at events on behalf of the Countryside Management Service
- Giving talks and providing resources to community groups and organisations
- Speaking to individuals in the community
- Seeking new opportunities and partnerships for the promotion of Health Walks
- Talking to your local MP and County or local councillors
- Engaging with local press
- using social media and updating local listings websites
- Attending meetings with your Health Walks leaders and other organisations to share feedback and ideas.
- Maintaining up to date stock of leaflets and posters in key community building, GP surgeries and noticeboards.
Skills and experience
- Creative thinking and communication skills
- Experience of public speaking and confidence speaking to groups
- Ability to motivate and inspire others
- Organisational skills and dedication to the role
Support you’ll be given
- Regular phone catch ups and support from the Health Walks team
- A half day training session and staff shadowing opportunities
- An Ambassador kit – including walk resources and a T-shirt
- Insurance cover
To register your interest, email us or call 01992 588433 to discuss.