A group of local people who help manage the Broxbourne Woods National Nature Reserve.
Volunteering has been temporarily suspended.
What you'll be doing
The group take on a range of activities supported by the Countryside Management Service such as:
- Holding practical tasks, walks and events in the woods for local people to learn about and help conserve wildlife and habitats of the Broxbourne Woods National Nature Reserve.
- Helping Hertfordshire County Council to develop, implement and monitor the Broxbourne and Bencroft Wood management plan.
How much time you need to give
- The Wood Wardens meet at 10am on the 1st Friday and 3rd Sunday of each month.
- They undertake a variety of practical tasks including scrub clearance, tree planting and small scale construction such as boardwalks.
- There is no obligation to come regularly, you can turn up when you want.
Where you'll be located
- Volunteers undertake tasks in Broxbourne and Bencroft Woods.
- We will let you know by email, what we are doing and where we will meet.
What you'll gain from the role
Working with like minded people, you can help to preserve Broxbourne Woods National Nature Reserve and help the general public to understand the importance of this work. All tools and training are provided on the day by a trained leader.
Email us, visit our Facebook page or call 01992 588433 for more information.