The BigHertsBigIdeas project aims to improve the local economy and reduce carbon emissions in Watford, St Albans and Hemel Hempstead.
BigHertsBigIdeas for everyone
BigHertsBigIdeas projects have delivered a number of achievements including:
In Hemel Hempstead
- Maylands area travel plan and car club.
- 36 space double decked cycle parking at Hemel Hempstead rail station.
- Network Hemel Hempstead.
In St Albans
- A 1.4km Green Ring cycle way.
- 180 cycle stands at St Albans City station.
- Network St Albans - a partnership between local authorities, public transport operators and transport experts to provide residents of (and visitors to) St Albans with alternative transportation to private car.
- A412 St Albans Road cycle way.
- Partial completion of cycle way improvements between Watford Junction rail station and Beechan Grove (A411).
- Completion of pedestrian subway enhancements, including a subway wrap and 21 pedestrian information name plates.
- 48 space double decked cycle parking at Watford Junction rail station.
- Network Watford.
Across all areas
- 230 buses fitted with automatic vehicle location equipment.
- More cycle parking stands delivered across South West Hertfordshire.
- Variable message signs and real time passenger information screens.
- Scoots - an electric scooter assisted purchase scheme.
- Travelsmart household travel planning.
- Business and school travel planning.