WasteAware are encouraging Hertfordshire residents to look and feel good this Recycle Week.
• New Recycle Now research reveals the amount of recyclable bathroom items evading the recycling bin
• Only 52% of bathroom items go in the recycling bin in UK homes
• Shampoo/conditioner/shower gel bottles, hairspray cans, toilet rolls and deodorant can all be recycled in your recycling bins at home.
Aerosols such as deodorants and hair sprays can be recycled again and again without any loss in quality, so you may see them come back in items such as parts of your mobile phones, dishwashers or even as another aerosol can - what goes around comes around!
That’s not all; Recycle Now has calculated that if everyone in Hertfordshire recycled one more deodorant, it would save enough energy to power a typical primary school for over a year!
Remember to recycle all these items in your recycling bin at home:
- Glass bottles and jars
- Tins, cans, foil and aerosols
- Plastic bottles, pots, tubs and trays
- Paper and cardboard
- Cartons (check with your local council)