22 March to the 23 April 2019. We’re part of the pick!
Find out what we’re doing for the country’s biggest ever mass-action environmental campaign.
- Litter-picking policies for North and East Herts will be aligned.
- We will be separating the litter collected on litter picks into refuse and recycling. So that suitable items collected can be recycled within both districts.
- We are promoting the Great British Spring Clean in North Herts monthly resident magazine, Outlook.
- Will be updating websites for both authorities.
- Several community litter picks have been booked
- We have an Easter event in our Shephalbury Park on the 17th of April and are looking to muster volunteers on this date to litter-pick the park. The litter pick will be from 10-11am, meet near the Tennis courts. Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
to register you interest.
- Other information is coming soon.
- If any local groups are arranging a litter pick they can contact us in advance to ask us to collect the litter – with time/date and location of where to collect it from. If possible we’d like it separated into recycling and non-recycling
- Our clean up kits are available all year round. More information is available at www.watford.gov.uk/springclean
- Several groups including schools, community groups, scout groups and businesses have joined the national campaign to spruce up their local area with a litter pick.
- School talks are being carried out to promote the Great British Spring Clean and litter awareness.
- Successful promotion has been achieved through a press release and Mayor's newsletter and ongoing reminders have been set for social media.
- Inviting residents to take part either by organising their own litter pick or joining one near them.
- Loaning litter picking kits and supplying bags for recycling and general waste.
- Collecting the bags after picks have been completed.
- To request a litter picking kit and get involved please contact the council on 01707 357000 or email@example.com.