Hertfordshire children's centres run a range of antenatal classes, to support you through your pregnancy and prepare you for life with a newborn.
Classes are run by children's centre staff and often alongside midwives and health visitors. It's your chance to ask any questions you have for the professionals you’ll meet during pregnancy.
You can find out about:
- Your baby's brain development in the womb
- Bonding and attachment
- Looking after yourself and keeping stress-free
- Baby's healthy development and social & emotional
- Positive relationships
- Preparing for life with a newborn
- Diet and nutrition
How to find a class near you:
The names and length of the classes may vary, so it’s best to either:
Get free vitamins during pregnancy from your children's centre:
- During pregnancy it is recommended that you take a supplement containing specific vitamins to make sure you get everything you need.
- In Hertfordshire pregnant women, women with a baby under one year old and children from six months to four years can get Healthy Start Vitamins for free.
- You can pick up your free Healthy Start Vitamins during any stage of pregnancy at your local Children’s Centre.
Explains who you'll meet during pregnancy
How to stay healthy throughout pregnancy
If you have any other questions just ask your midwife, health visitor or children's centre.