These services may help if you're struggling to solve your differences by yourself.
- Mediation is a space to listen to the views of each person.
- It can help you understand what needs to happen to resolve your differences.
- It will help you to settle specific ongoing disputes and find your own solutions.
- The mediator will ask you both to explain your point of view and will help you explore options.
- The mediator won’t judge you, take sides or tell you what to do.
Mediation is most suitable if you:
- want practical help to improve your relationship and settle disputes
- want to focus on the future and what needs to change.
- Counselling can help you to understand each other better so you have fewer arguments and get on better.
- It can help you to look at what is behind emotions and arguments, to see the difference from the other side and understand how your background is influencing your behaviour.
- The counsellor will encourage you both to talk.
- They won’t judge you, take sides or tell you what to do.
Counselling is most suitable for long term issues such as:
- differences in cultural or economic background
- health issues.
- Conflict coaching is a space where you can talk about the conflict you are experiencing.
- Conflict coaching will provide you with a set of skills and strategies to help you resolve conflict.
- The conflict coach will work one-on-one with you
- It will enable you to consider options for managing the conflict.
Conflict coaching is most suitable if you:
- Want to learn how to productively resolve conflict, but your partner or ex partner can't or won't attend a session with you.