The consultation on Hertfordshire’s school admissions arrangements for 2020/21 opens on 19 November 2018 and closes on 6 January 2019.
Hertfordshire County Council’s proposed school admission arrangements for 2020/21
We're proposing the following changes to our admission arrangements for 2020/21:
- To amend the definition of “rule 2 – exceptional social and medical reasons to attend a specific school” to include children previously looked after abroad and subsequently adopted;
- To amend the schemes of coordination to clarify the process for late applications and continuing interest
- To reduce the published admission number at four primary schools.
Have your say by 6 January 2019.
As required by the School Admissions Code (December 2014), we will also be consulting the governing bodies of all community and voluntary controlled schools where the school’s published admission number (PAN) is proposed to remain the same or increase.
The following arrangements have not been amended but are provided for information:
Proposed admission arrangements for voluntary aided, foundation schools and academies for 2020/21
Take a look at the proposed admission arrangements for academies, voluntary aided and foundation schools (2020/21).
To comment on or respond to the proposed arrangements, contact the schools directly. Your responses will be taken into account by the school when determining their arrangements.
Schools and academies without proposed arrangements for 2020/21 will continue to use the same arrangements as determined for 2019/20. Whilst these schools are not proposing any changes that require a consultation, schools may increase their published admissions number (PAN) without consultation.
Please visit the Schools Directory for information about a schools PAN for 2019/20.
The following local authorities have advised us of their intention to consult on their admission arrangements for 2020/21:
The following schools in neighbouring local authorities have advised us of their intention to consult and a copy of their proposed admission arrangements and SIFs for 2020/21 are available below.
This is not a definitive list of schools that are consulting. Contact the relevant admitting authority directly for further information.
- Alma Primary School, Barnet
- Annunciation Infant C
- Avigdor Hirsch Torah Teminah Primary School, Brent
- Cambridge Academic Partnership
- Chelmsford County High School for Girls, Chelmsford
- Chiltern Learning Trust
- Christ Church CE Primary, Barnet
- Forest Hall School
- Hinchingbrooke School
- Holy Trinity C of E School, Northwood
- London Academy, Barent
- Rimon Jewish Primary School C
- St Andrews and St Francis CE Primary School, Willesden
- St Catherine's Catholic Primary, Barnet
- St Helen's Catholic Primary School
- St Joseph's Catholic Primary, Barnet
- St Luke's CE Primary School, Newham
- St Mary's CE Primary School, Finchley
- St Michael's Grammar, Barnet
- Stratford School Academy C
- St Vincent Catholic Primary, Barnet
- Templefields Multi-Academy Trust
- The Cardinal Wiseman Catholic School, Middlesex
- The Cottesloe School, Bucks
- The Downs Primary School and Nursery, Harlow
- The Harefield Academy, Uxbridge
- The Totteridge Academy