If you think your child needs extra help with their learning or development, the first thing to do is to speak to your nursery, school or college.

Every education provider has a member of staff called a Special Educational Needs Coordinator (SENCo) - this person can help you to understand what your child needs to make learning easier, and put in place the support which will help them to succeed. This support plan is called SEN Support.

There are also things you can do at home to support your child's learning, and to complement the education your child receives in their setting: