When viewing our data, you can see a summary for the whole county or you can select from a range of geographic levels to find out about a specific community.
Some of our dynamic data can be viewed on a map:
If you need an overview of an area, the best place to start is by looking at one of our Profiles. These show lots of data in graph and text format on a linear report.
GIS maps of Hertfordshire Boundaries and Council Services
- Webmaps: GIS at HCC – web maps showing administrative boundaries, HCC services, Environmental, Rights of Way and Highways maps. Also metadata and information on how we use maps and GIS tools at HCC, including Ordnance Survey data.
Geographies in Hertfordshire
We try to provide data at as many of these geographic levels as possible:
- Districts and boroughs
- County electoral divisions (EDs)
- District electoral wards (Wards)
- Lower Super Output Areas (LSOAs). Small enough to be considered neighbourhoods
- Quadrants. Used by our Family Centres.
The Office for National Statistics provide summaries of UK geographies. They also offer resources to support the use of geography in statistics in their Open Geography Portal.
Alternatively, please see Hertfordshire Specific information: Administrative areas – some definitions.
All Ordnance Survey based maps on this site link to this copyright acknowledgement.