What study options are available through Step2Skills?
As a Hertfordshire resident, if you don’t have a GCSE or equivalent in English or maths, you have the opportunity to gain qualifications at a level that is right for you.
Whether you are nervous to return to education or you need a qualification to open up a new career path, we’ve got a course to suit you.
- Preparing to study English with Step2Skills (non-accredited course)
- Preparing to study maths with Step2Skills (non-accredited course)
- English for Work & Life (Ascentis qualification)
- Maths in Everyday Life ( Ascentis qualification)
- Functional Skills English entry level 2 and 3, and level 1 and 2 (City & Guilds qualification)
- Functional Skills Maths entry level 2 and 3, and level 1 and 2 (City & Guilds qualification)
We are delivering our courses online and face-to-face, with most of our courses including elements of both. Therefore learners will need a laptop or tablet with a camera and microphone, plus online WiFi access.
Please note that assessment will be an examination that you will be required to attend at the end of your course.
Learning support is available for learners who have additional needs or have specific financial difficulties.
From 1st August 2021, you will need to be a UK National or have Settled Status to apply for one of these courses.