All childcare providers should offer places to children with SEND and will make adjustments to help your child.
- We always recommend visiting the childcare provider, to see how the staff interact with children.
- Ask the provider for an Ofsted report, if available. Ofsted inspects providers regularly to make sure every staff member is suitable to work with children.
- When you visit, you may want to ask about:
- if your child has a physical need, that the building has the right facilities for their need
- are staff trained to work with children with their particular learning needs
- settling in periods
- daily routine
- fee payment arrangements
- staff turnover
- communication between parents and staff
- contents of any contract that's been signed.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any queries.