Specialism: ASD, ADHD and Related Conditions
- Monthly quiz on a variety of topics
- Virtual zoo
- cookery classes
- comic strip writing sessions
- bespoke 1:1 yoga sessions
- Arts and crafts
- science experiments
Districts: East Herts and Broxbourne
Specialism: Special education needs/ASD/LD
- cooking sessions with activity packs
- Virtual library
CHIPS Holiday Club
- Sessions will run in school holidays.
- Complete care provided for children aged 5 – 19.
Taking place at:
- Bishop’s Stortford and Hockerill Scout Group (Bishop Stortford)
- St Andrews School (Hertford - also the venue for Ware scheme up to October half term)
- Pounds Close Youth and Community Centre (Hoddesdon)
- Millbrook Junior Middle School and Infant School (Cheshunt)
CHIPS Saturday Club
CHIPS Saturday Club at Bishop's Stortford is closed on 7 and 14 November due to the venue closing during the current lockdown.
- Complete care provided for children aged 5 – 19
- Saturdays 10 am – 12.30 pm (Ware 2.00pm – 4.30pm)
- 10 sessions will run during term time from September to December
Taking place at:
- Richard Whittington Primary School (Bishop’s Stortford)
- Millbrook Junior Middle & Infant School (Cheshunt)
- Hertford Children's Centre, Sele School (Hertford)
- Forres Primary School (Hoddesdon)
CHIPS Teen Club
CHIPS have young but experienced members of staff who support and mentor the teenagers. The key objectives of the Teen Club are for the young people to learn life, social and independence skills. For example: budgeting, handling money. Where possible outings in groups. The teenagers are fully involved and make suggestions for outings and activities.
- For young people aged 13 - 19 years
- Aimed at teens with moderate learning difficulties and/or limited medical needs
- Runs once a month during term-time throughout the year and sessions at Christmas
- 2 hours per session
- Multiple locations
CHIPS Climbing Club
This club will be delivered from a centre with 4 main climbing walls offering 1000sqm of climbing. The centre has specialist facilities and equipment for people with disabilities, including wheel chair users. The centre will provide 2 instructors, with CHIPS supplying additional staff as required. Completing a climb will enhance a young person’s sense of achievement and bolster their self-esteem which will support other challenges they will face in their life. Weather permitting some outdoor activities may be offered.
- Maximum 6 per session
- For ages 10 - 19 years
- Sundays, fortnightly 12.30pm - 2pm during term-time
- Harlow Outdoors Activity Centre
CHIPS Computer/ Gaming club
A range of IT/ computer gaming equipment will be available – computers, Wii, Xbox and PlayStation, for the young people to use. CHIPS staff and volunteers will support attendees to gain skills and experience using computers and gaming equipment in a supportive and sharing environment. Sharing of knowledge and experience amongst attendees will be encouraged through mini fun competitions and tournaments
- Maximum 6 per session
- For ages 12 - 19 years
- Tuesdays, fortnightly 7pm - 9pm during term-time
Venue to be confirmed
Places must be reserved in advance
Specialism: Special education needs
Due to current circumstances, Noah’s Ark will be this Christmas be offering virtual activities and fun activity packs.
Districts: East Herts, North Herts, St Albans, Stevenage and Welwyn and Hatfield
Specialism: ASD, PD and LD
Jubilee House Trust will be supporting families with day-care short breaks at Peartree short break centre.
SBLO hours linked to residential stays increasing time available to young people who also have an overnight package at Peartree.
Boundless care will be closing on 1 April.
Districts: Hertford and St Albans
Specialism: Children and young people with high functioning Autism, Asperger’s, ADHD and similar needs
October half-term Holiday club
October half term holiday clubs will be held at 2 venues:
- Tuesday 27 October and Friday 30 October 2020, 9am - 1pm at St. Albans at Fleetville Community Centre, Royal Road, St Albans AL1 4LQ
- Monday 26 October and Wednesday 28 October 2020, 9am - 1pm at Abel Smith Primary School, 3 Churchfields, Hertford SG13 8AE
Saturday clubs will be held at 2 venues:
- Saturday 24 October, Saturday 28 November and Saturday 5 December 2020, 2pm - 5pm at Abel Smith Primary School, 3 Churchfields, Hertford SG13 8AE
- Saturday 17 October, Saturday 21 November and Saturday, 19 December 2020, 1.30pm - 4.30pm - 5pm at Fleetville Community Centre, Royal Road, St Albans AL1 4LQ
Online activities offer
In addition, in the week of October half-term (26 – 30 October) Boundless Care will also be:
- Posting 5 videos on Facebook page
- The Facebook video content will be on the same lines of summer i.e. art and craft, cooking, baking, doing projects such as making a bug hotel, etc.
- One video per day during the October half term
- It will be open to wider SEND community and for children and families known to us.
- Open link
- Cost will mainly be payment to staff making and editing video and the cost of ingredients involved in doing the video
- Sending out an Activity Pack for children and their siblings so that they can engage in it in their own time.
- The content of the activity pack - puzzles, riddles, mazes and quizzes on popular topics, baking recipes, exciting projects relating to varied themes such as music, building, creating, etc.
- One activity pack for the October half term week.
- It is primarily for the children and families known to us but open to other SEND families on registration.
- Registration required as explained above
- Cost will be payment to staff member making the pack.
Districts: North Herts and Stevenage, Broxbourne and East Herts
Specialism: LD of varying severity, physical or sensory disabilities and/or behaviours that challenge
Action for children are offering day-care at the Pines.
- Story sessions
- Sing Along
- Cooking sessions
- Family gameshows