- If you've forgotten your password you can reset it in the system
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you can't find your username
What is the disability register?
Under the Children Act 1989, we are required to keep a register of disabled children and young people. It's your choice if you want to register, and you don't need to be in our database to access our support and services.
The database helps us to:
- identify and plan for the needs of children with special educational needs and disabilities and their families.
- monitor our services
When you sign up, we'll ask you to tell us:
- Your name, contact details and address
- Your child's name, gender and date of birth
- Your child's NHS number
- Information about your child's disability
We won't share any of this information - it's completely confidential.
What HAND can offer you
A free digital HAND card
The digital card, which you view on your phone or tablet, gives you perks and discounts to lots of places for family days out in Hertfordshire. Different places offer different things - for example, some places allow you to 'jump the queue', and others will have reduced entry rates.
It's worth showing your HAND card wherever you go, as we've heard from parents that lots of places have accepted it when it was shown.
A newsletter each month
The SEND newsletter provides you with the latest from SEND services, and fills you in on what's going on in the county - including activities, support groups and courses for parents.
If you don't want to join the register, but you do want to receive the newsletter, you can subscribe to SEND news.
An opportunity to influence planning of future services
Through our SEND newsletter you'll hear about consultations and opportunities to feedback on services, so that we can use what you tell us to make improvements.