Hertfordshire's main parent carer forum recognised by the Department for Education, Hertfordshire County Council, Herts Valleys CCG and East and North Herts CCG.
Started in 2010 and run by a group of parents and carers of children with SEND who work with education, health and social care services and providers to make sure the services they plan and deliver meet the needs of children and young people with SEND and their families.
How HPCI is organised
HPCI is a CIC (Community Interest Company) and a not for profit organisation. As a Company we don’t have a Constitution but rather Articles of Association.
We have a parent network of over 900 parent carers, a smaller group of around 30 parent carer representatives and 8 unpaid Board of Directors and 2 members of staff who oversee the running of HPCI.
HPCI is an involvement organisation and as such does the following:
- provides SEND related information to our parent network
- organise events
- recruit, train and support parent carer representatives
- survey parents about their experiences and views on services
- work alongside statutory and voluntary sector services providing the parental perspective
- maintain links with support/voluntary SEND organisations working in Herts.
To help children and young people aged 0-25 years with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND) to reach their full potential and experience the same life choices as their peers who do not have SEND.
HPCI is a parent carer led organisation which represents the views and experiences of families in order to influence the development and improvement of services for children and young people with Special Educational Needs and/or Disabilities (and their families) in Hertfordshire.
Our Aims and Objectives:
- To be the strategic body for parent carer involvement across health, education and social care in Hertfordshire.
- To be representative of parent carers covering all Special Educational Needs and Disabilities for children and young people aged 0-25 years in Hertfordshire.
- To increase membership, to encourage and support parent carers to be actively involved in Herts Parent Carer Involvement, and to train parent carers to represent others.
- To improve the impact of involvement through effective co-production with service providers.
- To continue to improve HPCI Board effectiveness and review all elements of the Organisation.
- To forge links with local parent networks in Hertfordshire and parent carer forums from neighbouring Local Authority areas, for mutual support and to share good practice.
- To encourage effective two-way communication and partnership working between parent carers and professionals.
- To link with parent carer forums regionally and nationally to influence, through partnership working and co-production, services and government bodies at regional and national level.
Learn more or get in contact
If you'd like to learn more about the work of HPCI, or to get in contact with a member of the forum, you can visit the HPCI website.
You can also learn more about becoming a member:
Page was last updated on: 07/10/2020 11:10:59