Skip to content

Hertfordshire Send Local Offer

A more creative and flexible way to settle disagreements and resolve problems. An unbiased mediator helps put people at ease to find the best way to meet your child's needs without the formal appeal or tribunal process.

If you disagree with a decision made about your child’s SEN assessment, educational, health and care plan, or school placement , you should use mediation services before deciding to appeal.

The right to refer a complaint to Tribunal still applies if mediation is unsuccessful.

Where to go for help

You can find out more about these options in the first instance from

If mediation is unsuccessful you can go through the process of an appeal to the Special Educational Needs and Disability Tribunal.