The physical and neurological impairment specialists are advisory teachers who work with parents and professionals to support children and young people from 0 - 25 with physical and neurological conditions or injury.
What we do
Neurological conditions or injuries affect the way a person thinks, reasons, makes decisions and solves problems. It can also have an impact on attention and memory.
Our support includes:
- advice and support for professionals and families
- advice on how physical and neurological impairment can affect education
- observation of children and young people and written advice to support them
- advice on IT equipment that might help
- work with the occupational therapist regarding access and adaptations to schools and transitions between schools
How to access the service
Complete a service request form, with parental consent for Integrated Service for Learning's involvement, and email it to your area team:
A Specialist Advisory Teacher will contact you and/or your child's school to take you through the next steps.
Children's Services customer call centre can be reached on 0300 023 4043.