Skip to content

Hertfordshire Send Local Offer

When things go wrong, you have the right to complain about services you receive.

There are times when you may come across problems, have concerns about a service or you want help resolving difficulties.  This section outlines how to raise concerns or make a complaint about education, health or social care services.

There is often a way of resolving problems at a local level firstly and finding out what help can be offered by statutory or voluntary organisations such as SENDIASS and KIDS HUB before following any legal processes.

If an acceptable outcome is not obtained through this route, other options are available.

Complaints about a Hertfordshire County Council service

Tell us about our services

Complaints about NHS services

If you're registered with a GP surgery within Hertfordshire and have a compliment, concern or enquiry relating to a NHS service, we encourage you to go to them directly.

Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCG's) want to work with patients to ensure the services are providing high quality care. Your concerns, compliments and complaints help them to improve services. They monitor and regularly review all feedback so that they can target what needs improving.

Herts Valleys Clinical Commissioning Group Quality Team

Covering the Hertsmere, Three Rivers, Watford, St Albans and Dacorum areas
Contact the quality team on;  
Telephone: 01442 898 865
Address: The Quality Team, Herts Valleys CCG, Hemel One,
Boundary Way, Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire, HP2 7YU

East and North Herts Clinical Commissioning Group Quality Team

Covering the East Herts, North Herts , Broxbourne, Stevenage, Welwyn and Hatfield areas
Contact the quality team on;
Telephone: 01707 369697
Address: Patient Safety and Experience Co-ordinator,
Charter House, Parkway, Welwyn Garden City
Hertfordshire, AL8 6JL

How can I get help with the complaints process?

NHS Complaints Advocacy can help patients, their families or carers with advice and support in making a complaint. They offer a free, confidential and independent service. Their contact details are:

Telephone: 0300 456 2370
Address: NHS Complaints Advocacy, POhWER, PO Box 14043, Birmingham B6 9BL