The Communication and Autism team is a specialist team of qualified teachers and workers who support children and young people aged 0-25 who have difficulties with communication and interaction.
What we do
- Support for children in the early years.
- Training and support for professionals and parents
- Advice on strategies, curriculum adaptations and communication interventions.
- Assessment, observation and recommendations regarding individual children and young people with complex needs.
- Transition support and advice.
Schools and settings, parents/carers and other professionals can contact our Advice Line on Tuesdays and Wednesdays, 1.30pm to 4pm (term time only) on 01442 453920.
How to access the service
Make a request for involvement by completing a service request form and sending to the following:
Requests for involvement are considered on a needs basis and actions are implemented as quickly as possible once the request is received. If involvement is agreed, the allocated Specialist Advisory Teacher will make contact with the school and/or parent to discuss support.
You can also call 0300 123 4043 for general Children's Services enquiries.