This website is changing

Try new website ›

Skip to content


Congratulations on your forthcoming marriage. 

Now you've found the right person and decided you want to get married - what next?
Don't panic - we're here to help you arrange your perfect day.

There are over 100 approved venues and eight registration offices offering attractive ceremony rooms in Hertfordshire, so there is plenty of choice to suit everyone. From a small intimate affair to a more elaborate celebration on a larger scale, we will ensure you receive a professional and committed service from our staff.

1. Decide when and where you want to marry

Register Offices
All our register offices are decorated to a high standard and are located in Bishop's Stortford, Cheshunt, Hatfield, Hemel Hempstead, Hertford, St Albans, Stevenage and Watford.

Approved Marriage Venues
We are fortunate to have over 100 ceremony venues within the county, from beautiful and historic buildings to smaller, more intimate locations.

Outside Marriages
Many of our venues now have outside structures where we can offer ceremonies.

Celebration Ceremonies
If you have your heart set on having your ceremony somewhere that is not approved, or even out in the open air, we can now offer you a ceremony in celebration of your marriage anywhere in Hertfordshire.

Religious Marriages
If you wish to be married in the Church of England or the Church of Wales, you must contact the Vicar. For other Religious denominations, you will need to give Notice of Marriage to the Superintendant Registrar of the district in which you live.

Marriages Abroad
If you wish to marry abroad according to the laws of that country, you must ensure that you find out and follow the regulations.

2. Book your ceremony
If your marriage is at a register office, contact us on 0300 123 4045 to book the date, time and place
For approved venues, check their available dates and provisionally book with them and then contact us to book the registrars.
For celebration ceremonies, contact us to discuss the options.

3. Legal preliminaries
Every person who wishes to marry in England or Wales must give a notice of intention. If you live anywhere in the county of Hertfordshire and you are both British or EU citizens, you may choose to give your notices at any Hertfordshire Registration Office.

You can book an appointment online or phone 0300 123 4045.

However, if your ceremony is taking place in Hertfordshire but you reside outside the county, you will be required to give your notices in the registration district in which you live in.

4. On Your Ceremony Day
After all the planning the moment is almost here, so to ensure your day runs smoothly this is what happens and when


Do it online