Skip to content

Hertfordshire County Council

Tell us if you're worried about an adult.

Even if you're not 100% sure or don't have all the details, please tell us.


Or call us day or night – 0300 123 4042.

If someone is in immediate danger - call 999.


You can tell us about...

  • general concerns regarding a care home or other care services
  • concerns that an adult can't look after themselves
  • concerns that an adult is being abused or neglected.

What happens next

  • If your concern is about a person, we'll do all we can to make sure they are safe and protected.
  • If a crime is taking place, we'll contact the police.
  • We won't necessarily contact you.
  • We will talk to you before we ever share your details (with the police, for example).
  • For less serious general concerns, we might not always act on individual reports. But we will investigate if we get lots of reports about the same thing.

Types of abuse and neglect

Concerned about a child?

Information for professionals (Hertfordshire Safeguarding Adults Board)


Rate this page