We'll assess this criteria during your site visit:
- Your driveway must be at least 10 metres away from a junction. We may increase this to 15 metres in some locations
- If the proposed dropped kerb is within a marked bay or lay by, we’ll refuse your application.
- Your dropped kerb mustn’t affect the operation of traffic lights and pedestrian crossings.
- Your drive must have good visibility. Pedestrians and vehicles need to be clearly seen when entering or exiting the property.
- Your drive must not be steeper than 1 in 10 (10%).
- The proposed dropped kerb must not be on a busy or high-speed road (above 40mph). If it is, you’ll need to have space to turn around within your property, without having to reverse out onto the road.
See the dropped kerb policy for a full list of things that we assess.