A free 12-week programme from Oviva in partnership with Slimming World.
Puts you in control of your health, providing information on how to best manage your weight and to help you make long-term changes to your lifestyle
Slimming World offers weekly face to face group support. You are motivated and encouraged in the hour-long weekly meetings to share experiences, recipes and ideas with your group members in a warm, supportive environment.
To qualify for the free 12-week programme you need to:
- be aged 18 or over
- be registered with a Hertfordshire GP Practice located in an area of high deprivation and meet the eligibility criteria.
Speak to your GP to find out if their practice qualifies
- have a BMI over 30 or if you have a long-term condition e.g. diabetes, COPD or CVD
- have not paid to attend Oviva or Slimming World sessions in the last 3 months
- have not attended a free 12-week Weight Watchers or Shape Up programme in the past 12 months
- be registered with a Hertfordshire GP in all locations
- have a BMI over 30 or if you have a long-term condition e.g. diabetes, COPD or CVD or are pregnant
- be in one of the following priority groups:
- pregnant women
- people with learning and/or physical disabilities
- those with a mental illness
- those waiting for an operation/surgery (the programme must be complete at least 1 month before the surgery date).
Self-referrals are not accepted. There is the option of self-funding the weight management programme.