Home fire safety self checker
We're taking part in a national trial of a self-assessment home fire safety check tool.
- It takes 15 mins.
- You'll answer questions about your property and lifestyle.
- At the end, you'll get a personalised fire safety action plan.
- In some cases, it may suggest we attend your property to install safety measures.
If you find the self-checker difficult to use, email us at email@example.com.
Are you a professional referring someone?
Why we need your / the person you are referring’s (hereinafter called the data subject) information
Hertfordshire County Council are the Data Controller for this information.
The data on this form is being gathered for the purpose of conducting a Safe and Well visit.
Our lawful basis for processing the data is the Council’s Public Task with regard to responsibilities for both fire prevention and wellbeing of vulnerable residents.
What we will do with the data subject’s information
The information you give us will be held by the Fire and Rescue Service of Hertfordshire County Council. In order to deliver this service we may share your information with Herts Help, a network of community organisations in Hertfordshire who are contracted to help people find independent support, guidance and information.
We may also use your information to conduct a customer satisfaction survey
How long we will keep the data subject’s information
The information that you supply to us will be kept on file for 6 years after last contact.
Your legal rights
You may request a visit to your school by local fire station staff.
All visits provide age related safety information and are in line with the curriculum.
Visits usually last between 30 minutes and 1 hour.
Please note: All visits are dependent on operational cover and service priorities and may be cancelled at short notice.
Fire station open days
Any open days will be listed here.
Not all open days have the same activities and some depend on the weather. That may include:
- have a look round a fire engine
- watch a cooking oil fire demonstration
- see someone rescued from a car
- a teddy bear 'parachute drop' from the top of the drill tower (bring your own teddy)
- other specialist emergency vehicles and services
- smoke experience
- Reqs the fire investigation dog
- stalls, food and entertainment.
On occasion an event may be cancelled without prior warning.
Please do contact the fire station direct before travelling.