You may request a visit to your school by local fire station staff.
All visits provide age related safety information and are in line with the curriculum.
Visits usually last between 30 minutes and 1 hour.
All visits are dependent on operational cover and service priorities and may be cancelled at short notice.
Fire station open days
2 September, 11am-3pm - Hertford Fire Station
2 September, 11am-3pm (Quiet hour 11am-12pm) - Watford Fire Station
2 September, 11am-3pm – Buntingford Fire Station
2 September, 11am-3pm – Hemel Hempstead Fire Station
9 September, 11am-3pm – St Albans Fire Station
9 September, 11am-2pm – Sawbridgeworth Fire Station
23 September, 12pm-4pm (Quiet hour 12pm – 1pm) - Rickmansworth Fire Station
23 September, 11am-3pm – Bishops Stortford Fire Station
Not all open days have the same activities and some depend on the weather. That may include:
- have a look round a fire engine
- watch a cooking oil fire demonstration
- see someone rescued from a car
- a teddy bear 'parachute drop' from the top of the drill tower (bring your own teddy)
- other specialist emergency vehicles and services
- smoke experience
- Reqs and Loki the fire investigation dogs
- stalls, food and entertainment.
On occasion an event may be cancelled without prior warning.
Please do contact the fire station direct before travelling.