Safe and Well visit (incorporating fire safety)
Why we need your information
The data on this form is being gathered for the purpose of evaluating Business satisfaction. Hertfordshire County Council will use this information to review your feedback and where necessary make changes to improve the way we run and deliver our services.
As a Local Authority Hertfordshire County Council has a responsibility to enforce fire safety under the provisions of The Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005. The information you have provided will be used to allow us to fulfil this duty / responsibility.
What we will do with your information
The information you give us will be held by the Fire Protection department of Hertfordshire County Council and will only be used to address any issues and shape future delivery of the service.
We may also share information with third parties if we are legally obliged to do so, for example if it necessary to safeguard or protect a vulnerable person or persons.
We may also share information with the police or other agencies if it is necessary for the following purposes:
- The prevention or detection of crime
- The apprehension or prosecution of offenders
- The assessment or collection of any tax or duty or any imposition of a similar nature.
How long we will keep your information
The information that you supply to us will be kept on file for 1 year after last action.
What are your rights?
Hertfordshire County Council will be the Data Controller for this information.
You have a number of rights over the data we collect and hold about you.
- You have the right to be informed about what information we hold about you and how we use it.
- You have the right to request copies of any information the Council holds about you by making a subject access request.
- If information we hold about you is factually inaccurate you have the right to have it corrected.
- You have the right to object to the way we are using your data.
- You have the right to request that your data is deleted. However we may be unable to delete your data if there is a need for us to keep it. In this case you will receive an explanation of why we need to keep the data.
- You can also request that we stop using your data while we consider a request to have it corrected or deleted. There may be some circumstances in which we are unable to do this however we will provide an explanation if this is the case.
- In certain circumstances you may also request data we hold about you in a format that allows it to be transferred to another organisation.
- In the event that decisions are taken using automated processes you have the right to request that these decisions are reviewed by a member of staff and to challenge these decisions.
If you would like to request copies of your data, request that your data is deleted or have any other queries in relation to data which the Council holds about you please contact the Data Protection Team.
Data Protection Team
Hertfordshire County Council
Tel: 01992 588099
You can also contact our Data Protection Officer at email@example.com or in writing to the address above.
If you are unhappy with the way that Hertfordshire County Council has used your data or with the way we have responded to a request you also have the right to contact the Information Commissioner’s Office www.ico.org.uk
We'll check that existing smoke detectors are correctly sited and working. If you need it, we'll replace or fit a new one free of charge. In addition to this advice you'll also get information about staying healthy and active too.
The appointment lasts no more than an hour and we'll give you the advice you need to keep your home safe.
We'll cover topics such as:
- electrical safety
- cooking safety
- making an escape plan
- what to do if there is a fire
- keeping children safe and
- bed time routines.
- keeping warm in the winter
- eating and drinking properly
- falls prevention and avoiding loneliness
Read more: GOV.UK fire safety guides .
You may request a visit to your school by local fire station staff.
All visits provide age related safety information and are in line with the curriculum.
Visits usually last between 30 minutes and 1 hour.
Please note: All visits are dependent on operational cover and service priorities and may be cancelled at short notice.