We value and respect the diversity of our employees. We aim to recruit a workforce that represents the communities we serve by giving equal opportunities to all.
We're proud members or supporters of:
- Herts LGBT Partnership – we work in partnership with Hertfordshire Police, NHS partnership trusts and other Hertfordshire organisations to reach out to LGBT+ communities.
- Women in the Fire Service – we support our female staff to get involved with events, initiatives and training to enable networking and development opportunities.
- Armed Forces Covenant – we've signed up to the covenant to acknowledge that those who serve (or have served) in the armed forces and their families should be treated with fairness and respect.
- Asian Fire Service Association – members of our staff inclusion network group regularly attend conferences and events, and feedback recommendations to increase the diversity of our workforce.
- Disability Confident Employer – we recruit and retain people with disabilities or health conditions for their skills and talent.