We are a 24 hour, 365 days a year emergency response service.
We provide a wide range of safety initiatives and enforce fire safety legislation. To help us do this, we have:
- 29 fire stations
- a training centre in Stevenage
- our headquarters in Hertford.
We're part of the Hertfordshire County Council Community Protection Directorate (CPD) which is made up of:
- Hertfordshire Fire and Rescue
- Hertfordshire Trading Standards
- Hertfordshire Resilience
- Hertfordshire County Community Safety Unit.
What we do and why we do it (PDF 4MB)
Contact usOur Strategies, Plans and reportsOpen days