Our department structure and strategy
These were transferred to us from the NHS in 2013:
- Reduce the harm from alcohol and tobacco.
- Promote healthy weight and increase physical activity.
- Tell NHS clinical commissioning groups what health services are needed locally.
- Work with Public Health England to protect local residents from disease and major emergencies.
Services we fund
- Weighing and measuring children.
- Health checks for adults.
- Sexual health, including GUM services and chlamydia screening.
- Stop smoking services.
- Treatment for alcohol and drug misuse.
- School nurses and other services for young people aged 5-19.
- Weight management and physical activities.
Health and wellbeing in Hertfordshire Libraries
Why not visit your local library and find out about a range of health information? Contact the library service for more details.