A free 12-week programme from Oviva in partnership with Slimming World.
Puts you in control of your health, providing information on how to best manage your weight and to help you make long-term changes to your lifestyle
Slimming World offers weekly face to face group support. You are motivated and encouraged in the hour-long weekly meetings to share experiences, recipes and ideas with your group members in a warm, supportive environment.
The service is free to patients who meet the following criteria:
- Over 18 years of age
- Live in Hertfordshire or be registered with Hertfordshire GP
- Have a BMI ≥30 OR BMI ≥27.5 for ethnic minority communities and those with comorbidities to include Diabetes Type 2, Diabetes Type 1, Prediabetes, Nondiabetic hyperglycaemia, COPD, CVD, Hypertension, Sleep apnea, Chronic Kidney Disease, Osteoarthritis, Dyslipidaemia.
- Be ready and motivated to change
- Have not paid to attend Oviva or Slimming World sessions in the last 3 months
- Have not attended a free 12week Weight Watchers or Shape Up programmes in the past 12 months
NB: There is no maximum BMI cut off point for the service
Individuals who meet any of the following criteria will be excluded from this programme:
- Has a history of an eating disorder (unless agreed in writing by clinical expert)
- Have been identified by their GP or other healthcare professional as unsuitable to enter a community based weight management service
- Under the age of 18. In exceptional circumstances some young people between the ages of 16 and 18 may be eligible to participate within the adult programme. Decisions will be made on a case by case basis by the commissioner