Make sure you're following the government's latest coronavirus guidelines.
We'll not be processing postal applications or cheque payments until further notice. If you recently paid by cheque or sent in a postal application, please contact us on 0300 123 4047.
Email your application to TTRO@hertfordshire.gov.uk.
To avoid delays, fill in your application form electronically, rather than by hand.
Your street party might need to be changed, cancelled or subject to new conditions, as new government advice is released. We'll let you know.
Other ways to get involved and show your support.
There are differences for each street party depending on the size. The basic rule is that they're not disruptive, they're small scale and they're free to attend.
Here are some specific conditions:
- Emergency service vehicles always need access.
- Disabled drivers must be able to access disabled parking bays.
- You'll need to speak to residents who will be affected by the road closure to make sure they haven't got any objections.
- The road closure will be valid for up to 3 days.
- You can only apply to close the same section of road once a year.
- Road closures will only be effective when signs are in place.
- All rubbish must be cleared up.
- You can't damage the road surface.
- Signs need to be clearly visible to all road users.
- If you want to sell alcohol or food, you need authorisation from your local authority.
- You can't charge people to attend the event.
- Music shouldn't disrupt local residents.
- The event can't be publicised, advertised or opened to the wider public.
If you're looking to close an A road, or if bus services will be affected, we'll need to advertise the closure in advance. Here's what that will cost.
Our team will advise you about any costs when you apply.
|Type of road||Price|
Planned event requiring advertisement
(for example, if it's on an A road or where bus services are affected)
Where no advertisement is required
Street parties or charity events (where no advertisement is needed)
Our fees cover the cost of checking, drafting and advertising a special event order for your road closure.