Hertfordshire Schools Forum
Hertfordshire County Council
Your gateway to all you need to know about Hertfordshire
Hertfordshire Schools Forum
The Hertfordshire Schools’ Forum is established in accordance with Section 46a of the School Standards and Framework Act 1998 and the Schools Forums (England) Regulations.
Who attends the Forum?
There must be a minimum of 16 members, comprising school and non-school members. Schools members are elected by the groups that they represent. The schools members comprise:
(a) Representing Maintained Schools:
- 5 Primary School Headteachers
- 1 Secondary school Headteacher
- 2 Special School Headteachers
- 1 Nursery School Headteacher
- 2 Primary School Governors
- 1 Secondary School Governor
- 1 ESC Headteacher
(b) Representing Academies:
- 5 Academy Members
The non-school members comprise:
- Elected Member representative of HCC
- 1 representative of 14-19 partnerships
- 2 representatives of PVI Early Years Settings
The Executive Member for Education & Skills is invited to attend every meeting of the Forum with speaking rights.
What are the main functions and powers of the Schools Forum?
- To be consulted on the funding formula
- To be consulted on issues in connection with the Schools Budget
- To be consulted on service contracts where the costs will be met from the Schools Budget
- To determine a range of financial and budget matters affecting schools.
The Secretary of State has devolved powers to the Schools Forum to approve proposals of the Authority the following areas:
- Changes to the operation of the Minimum Funding Guarantee where decisions are not referred to the Secretary of State.
- The retention and levels of certain items of central expenditure including funding for Combined Services, growth in pupil numbers, premature retirement and redundancy costs, admissions and the cost of the Carbon Reduction Commitment. These items are changed from time to time by DfE.
- Changes to the Authority's Scheme for Financing Schools.
- The central retention (de-delegation) of budgets for various matters which have been delegated to schools. This applies only to maintained mainstream schools and decision-making is restricted to their representatives.
When does the Schools Forum meet?
The following table shows the date, time and location of the Schools Forum meetings:
Meetings are held in public and venues are subject to change. Agendas, reports and minutes are placed on this web site. If you wish to attend these meetings, please contact Jackie Graham.
|13 July 2016||1.00- 4.00 pm||HDC, Robertson House, Stevenage|
|21 September 2016||1.00 - 4.00 pm||HDC, Robertson House, Stevenage|
|7 December 2016||1.00 - 4.00 pm||HDC, Robertson House, Stevenage|
|16 January 2017||1.00 - 4.00 pm||HDC, Robertson House, Stevenage|
|22 February 2017||1.00 - 4.00 pm||HDC, Robertson House, Stevenage|
|26 April 2017||1.00 - 4.00 pm||HDC, Robertson House, Stevenage|
|28 June 2017||1.00 - 4.00 pm||HDC, Robertson House, Stevenage|