This website is changing

Try new website ›

Skip to content


Older and Disabled Persons Bus Pass

Get free off-peak travel between 9.30am and 11pm weekdays and all day during the weekend and bank holidays.

Apply for an older person's bus pass 
Apply/renew for a
disabled person's bus pass

You can also get an application form from your local library, district / borough council office, tourist information office, or One Stop Shop.  

Older Person's Bus Pass

Who can get one?

You can get an older person's bus pass if you:

  • Live in Hertfordshire
  • Are state pension age or older (linked to the female state pension age).

You can check when you qualify with the pension age calculator.

What do I need?

You'll need to:

  • Provide a recent passport-style photo
  • Prove you live in Hertfordshire - with a council tax bill, driving licence or a recent utility bill
  • Prove your age - with a passport, birth certificate, driving licence or pension book.

It'll take 10 working days to get your bus pass once we've got your full application.

You don't need to renew your bus pass.

We'll renew it automatically and will send your new one in the post before your current one runs out. Contact us if you haven't received it by then.

Disabled person's bus pass

Find out who can get one and what you need to apply.

It will take 10 working days to get your bus pass once we've got your full application.

Applying for the Companion Pass.

We will contact you to renew your pass.

Damaged, lost or stolen bus passes

Contact us to report a lost or stolen bus pass.

To replace a lost, damaged or stolen pass without a Crime Reference Number will cost £10

It is free if you have been issued a valid Crime Reference Number from the Police.

External Links

HCC is not responsible for the content of external web sites.