We want you to leave feeling empowered and knowing where to go for support.
- An overview of Family and Friends Care and Special Guardianship, including the assessment process and legal aspects.
- Advice on caring for somebody else's child, including child development, behaviour management and healthy attachments.
- Information from some of the world's leading experts in childhood trauma.
- An opportunity to meet others in the same situation and talk about sensitive issues.
- Advice on managing contact.
- Where to go for further information and local services.
- 10:00 - Welcome and introductions
- 10:15 - Brief overview of Family and Friends Care
- 11:00 - Brief overview of Special Guardianship Orders
- 11:30 - Attachment and placement stability
- 12:30 - Lunch
- 1pm - Contact - continuity of experience and maintening relationships (special guest).
- 1:45pm - Questions and feedback.
Book your place
If you are already a Hertfordshire carer, please speak to your supervising social worker.
If you are a prospective carer, or you would like to nominate a carer to attend, please contact us at email@example.com or 01438 844247.