Why we need your information
Hertfordshire County Council is the data controlled for this information. The EV team are collecting this information on behalf of the data controlled. The data on this form is being gathered for the purpose of ensuring that resident’s information (full postcodes) that is classed as ‘personnel identifiable data’ can be gathered and use to influence outcomes and better results for residents.
This information is required to identify areas within the county as potential sites for the installation of electric vehicle charging infrastructure funded through the government LEVI grant. Hertfordshire County Council will use this information to identify where there may be areas of demand for electric vehicles and meet residents’ requirements for chargepoints.
We consider that it is a legitimate interest of Hertfordshire County Council to gather and process this resident information for the purposes outlined above.
There will be safeguards in place to ensure that this information to obtainable by the required stakeholders only and will not be shared with those without permission.
The information will be shared with internal members of the EV team and internal stakeholder who operate the mapping tool. The information will feed into the mapping tool and be represented through a colour scheme (different shades in different areas of county) to external stakeholder therefore the specific postcode data will not be shared externally. If at any points this information will need to be shared external i.e. with a supplier, then it will be discussed with the data protection team first.
The information provided will be used alongside additional information to assist in the site identification process.
What we will do with your information
The information is required in order for us to fulfil our obligation under the local electric vehicle infrastructure funding scheme. It will assist us with meeting out responsibilities and objectives i.e growth & environment, transport.
The information you give us will be held by the EV team with the Growth and Environment department of Hertfordshire County Council and will only be used to determine appropriate installation sites and will be used to outline initial future plans as required in the business case.
We will not share this information with a third party or in order to deliver this service we will share your information with the relevant internal and external stakeholders:
- Ringway (external)
- Potential EV infrastructure supplier (external)
- Within Growth & Environment outside the EV team such as data analysts
The information will be in HCC secure EV mapping tool which require those who used it to have gone through a permission process.
How long we will keep your information
The information that you supply to us will be kept on file for up to 5 years. The information will be kept for this period of time to ensure that the funding over the set 2 year period is spent through data driven decision and the information is kept for a further 3 years to ensure there is an up to date robust mapping tool showing real time infrastructure and demand.
What are your rights?
Hertfordshire County Council will be the Data Controller for this information.
You have the following rights in relation to this data:
• You have the right to be informed about what information we hold about you and how we use it.
• You have the right to request copies of any information the Council holds about you by making a subject access request.
• If information we hold about you is factually inaccurate you have the right to have it corrected.
• You have the right to object to the way we are using your data.
• You have the right to request that your data is deleted. However we may be unable to delete your data if there is a need for us to keep it. In this case you will receive an explanation of why we need to keep the data.
• You can also request that we stop using your data while we consider a request to have it corrected or deleted. There may be some circumstances in which we are unable to do this however we will provide an explanation if this is the case.
• In certain circumstances you may also request data we hold about you in a format that allows it to be transferred to another organisation.
• In the event that decisions are taken using automated processes you have the right to request that these decisions are reviewed by a member of staff and to challenge these decisions.
If you would like to request copies of your data, request that your data is deleted or have any other queries in relation to data which the Council holds about you please contact the Data Protection Team.
Data Protection Team
Hertfordshire County Council
Tel: 01992 588099
You can also contact our Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing to the address above.
If you are unhappy with the way that Hertfordshire County Council has used your data or with the way we have responded to a request you also have the right to contact the Information Commissioner’s Office www.ico.org.uk .