Why we need your information
The data on this form is being gathered for the purpose of creating your iLearn+ account and maintaining records of learning that you complete online using iLearn+. Hertfordshire County Council will use this information to ensure your records are accurate; can be uniquely associated with you and be included in reports on course progress and completions.
We require this information in order to fulfil our obligations:
• Under your contract of employment with you where HCC is the employer.
• Under the contract we have with your employer where your employment (with an employer other than HCC) requires you to access iLearn+.
• Under any arrangement we have directly with you.
If you are a:
• Hertfordshire County Council (non-schools) employee – the information you have provided to us will be used alongside additional information obtained from the HR System, SAP.
• Stevenage Borough Council or HCL employee – the information you have provided to us may be used alongside any additional information obtained from your HR team
• An external user/partner individually requesting an iLearn+ account – the information you have provided us will be obtained from completing the ‘create new user’ electronic request form.
What we will do with your information
The information you give us will be held by the HR Learning and Development team at Hertfordshire County Council and will only be used to allow you access to iLearn+ and to maintain your record of learning whilst your account is active. Your place of work or team may also be used to report course/ learning material usage. In order to deliver this service we will share your information with our Learning Management System provider Learning Pool, SERCO (HCC non-schools employees only), your relevant organisational HR or Learning and Development team (where HCC is contracted to provide this service on their behalf), relevant departmental Learning and Development team (as requested and when appropriate) and the Subject Matter Experts for courses you complete.
Our partners who are contracted to provide the service may use third parties for business continuity purposes. All services will be GDPR-compliant.
We may also share information with third parties if we are legally obliged to do so, for example if it is necessary to safeguard or protect a child.
We may also share information with the police or other agencies if it is necessary for the following purposes:
a) the prevention or detection of crime
b) the apprehension or prosecution of offenders
c) the assessment or collection of any tax or duty or any imposition of a similar nature
How long we will keep your information
The information that you supply to us will be kept on file:
• For HCC staff – as part of your contracted employment.
• For non-HCC users – for as long as your account has been agreed for under any arrangement we have directly with you - e.g. you have the right to ask for your account to be deleted along with the training records.
What are your rights?
Hertfordshire County Council will be the Data Controller for this information. You have the following rights in relation to this data:
• You have the right to be informed about what information we hold about you and how we use it.
• You have the right to request copies of any information the Council holds about you by making a subject access request.
• If information we hold about you is factually inaccurate you have the right to have it corrected.
• You have the right to object to the way we are using your data.
• You have the right to request that your data is deleted. However we may be unable to delete your data if there is a need for us to keep it. In this case you will receive an explanation of why we need to keep the data.
• You can also request that we stop using your data while we consider a request to have it corrected or deleted. There may be some circumstances in which we are unable to do this however we will provide an explanation if this is the case.
• In certain circumstances you may also request data we hold about you in a format that allows it to be transferred to another organisation.
• In the event that decisions are taken using automated processes you have the right to request that these decisions are reviewed by a member of staff and to challenge these decisions.
If you would like to request copies of your data, request that your data is deleted or have any other queries in relation to data which the Council holds about you please contact the Data Protection Team.
Data Protection Team Hertfordshire County Council County Hall
Pegs Lane Hertford SG13 8DQ
Tel: 01992 588099
You can also contact our Data Protection Officer at email@example.com or in writing to the address above.
If you are unhappy with the way that Hertfordshire County Council has used your data or with the way we have responded to a request you also have the right to contact the Information Commissioner’s Office www.ico.org.uk.
Terms of Reference
iLearn+ is HCC's Learning Management System. A learning management system (LMS) is a software application for the administration, documentation, tracking, reporting and delivery of online learning or training programs.
By accessing iLearn+ you can:
• Access your learning anytime, anywhere (including on mobile devices)
• Search for training events
• Complete eLearning modules
• Track your development
• Link to more learning resources
iLearn+ can be accessed via the internet: https://hertfordshire.learningpool.com/
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Call: 01438 845105 (Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm)
To access iLearn+ it requires you to register. Registration will help us identify your area of access.
If you are an Authorised User, who is an individual subscriber, your registration will give you access to the full range of learning modules on the site. Registration details are available on the site here: https://hertfordshire.learningpool.com/login/signup.php. No payment will be taken unless you choose to become an Authorised User and agree to these terms of references.
As part of signing up to iLearn+ you agree to use the site only for lawful purposes and in a way that does not infringe the rights of, restrict or inhibit anyone else’s use and enjoyment of, iLearn+. Prohibited behaviour includes harassing or causing distress or inconvenience to any person, transmitting obscene or offensive content or disrupting the normal flow of dialogue within iLearn+. You may not impersonate another person e.g. undertaking eLearning module or a quiz on behalf of someone else.
iLearn+ will deliver your learning within a secure Learning Management System (LMS). Access to the LMS can only be obtained with a unique password and log in which is issued on enrolment onto the site. To facilitate your learning, the registration details and learning records will be visible online to relevant staff
e.g. HCC Human Resources and other authorised persons involved.
Any information you choose to post in online forums will be visible to other enrolled users, relevant staff and other authorised persons. You are advised not to contribute information of a sensitive or personal nature, unless you expressly consent to its disclosure as noted above.
By providing your personal information of name, place of work and email address you expressly consent to the personal information above being processed as explained above and within your licence agreement of your training records to be managed on the site.
Please note: our courses are designed to be interactive and to gain the most out of the learning to participate in online activities (such as group discussions in online forums).
We reserve the right to amend the content of iLearn+ on a regular basis in order to ensure that it is current and as relevant as possible. Some courses may also have a refresher period attached to the learning so an automatic notification will sent directly to your email address and on your iLearn+ account.
HCC cannot guarantee that access to the course materials will be uninterrupted. However the relationship between Hertfordshire County Council (HCC) and the Learning Management System provider is such that iLearn+ will use commercially reasonable efforts to make the LMS available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, except for:
• Planned downtime, of which a reasonable notice will be given via email obtained from your account and of which iLearn+ will inform you as soon as possible.
• Any unavailability caused by circumstances beyond the reasonable control of iLearn+ and HCC including without limitation, acts of God, acts of government, flood, fire, earthquakes, civil unrest, acts of terror, strikes or other labour problems (other than those involving HCC employees), or Internet service provider failures or delays.
All training materials are the property of HCC and may not be copied, distributed, downloaded, uploaded, forwarded, published, reverse engineered, disassembled or used in any manner prejudicial to HCC interests and legal rights. The downloading of documents (course notes) is permitted only for personal study.
Any other use will infringe the intellectual property rights of HCC’s for which HCC reserves the rights to bring legal proceedings.
All course content is created in accordance with the current legislation and related practice. Reasonable efforts are made to ensure that the materials are updated regularly, in light of significant changes to legislation and guidance, or the requirements of the approving bodies.
Except as specified by law iLearn+ and HCC make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, currency, fitness, accuracy, reliability, quality, suitability or availability with respect to the information, products, services or related graphics contained in any of the course materials for any purpose or that the course materials are free from defects. Any reliance placed on such information is strictly at your own risk.
Third party links
The course materials contain links to other web sites. Unless expressly stated, these web sites are not under the control of iLearn+ and iLearn+ assumes no responsibility for the content of such web sites and disclaims liability for any and all forms of loss or damage arising out of the use of them.
The inclusion of a link to another web site on an iLearn+, or within iLearn+ course materials, does not imply any endorsement of the web sites themselves or of those in control of them.
Data Protection / Privacy – please refer to our support page
Limitation of Liability
iLearn+ and HCC accept no responsibility or liability for:
(i) Any loss or damage including without limitation, incorrect, indirect or consequential loss or damage arising out of or in connection with your use or inability to use iLearn+ or any of the course materials;
(ii) Any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with the use of iLearn+;
(iii) The accuracy or content of such events and opportunities advertised on iLearn+;
(iv) The provision of those events or opportunities; or
(v) Any websites linked to from iLearn+.