Preventing a fall
Don't let a fall affect your confidence and independence. Here are 7 simple ways to stay steady on your feet, from Age UK:
- Exercise regularly.
- Check your eyes and hearing.
- Look after your feet.
- Manage your medicines.
- Keep your bones healthy.
- Check for hazards.
- Tackle the fear of falling.
For more advice, try Get up and go - a guide to staying steady from Saga.
Information for professionals
Stop Falls campaign from Hertfordshire Care Providers Association, includes resources for homecare and care homes.
Find out if you're at risk of falling
Use the NHS self-assessment tool to see whether you might be at risk.
If you think you're at risk of a fall:
- Find out about getting a monitor and alarm at home from Herts Careline, which will alert someone if you fall.
- Talk to your GP - they can give you advice to prevent falls.
- Contact us for an assessment. We might be able to help with your daily activities to reduce the risk of falling.
- Contact HertsHelp for practical advice and information about local services that could help.