Preventing a fall
Age UK suggest 7 simple things you can do to stay steady on your feet:
- Exercise regularly.
- Check your eyes and hearing.
- Look after your feet.
- Manage your medicines.
- Keep your bones healthy.
- Check for hazards.
- Tackle the fear of falling.
Find out if you're at risk of falling
Use the NHS self-assessment tool to see whether you might be at risk.
If you think you're at risk of a fall:
- Find out about getting a monitor and alarm at home from Herts Careline, which will alert someone if you fall.
- Talk to your GP - they can give you advice to prevent falls.
- Contact us for an assessment. We might be able to help with your daily activities to reduce the risk of falling.
- Contact HertsHelp for practical advice and information about local services that could help.