This is for people who need a copy of a birth certificate.
If you haven't already, you need to register a birth.
Our priority service costs £35 per certificate.
We'll send your copy certificate by first class post:
- the same day, if we receive your application before 3pm
- the next working day, if we receive your application after 3pm.
Our standard service costs £11 per certificate.
We'll send your copy certificate by second class post within 15 working days of receiving your application.
What you'll need to apply
- Date and place where the birth took place.
- The name of the person involved
- The parents names
- Any previous names used by the parents.
If you only have the GRO reference number, you must apply to the General Register Office or call them on 0300 123 1837.
To see the indexes for free, contact Hertfordshire Archives and Local Studies or visit any Hertfordshire library.
Call us on 0300 123 4045.