We work with adopted children, adults and adoptive parents wishing to trace adoption records. Our team includes social workers, professional assistants and therapists specialising in adoption issues.
What we do
We offer advice and support by phone or by meeting with you. We can also put you in touch with other adopters who have shared the same experiences.
We can also help with matters to do with education, finance and disability.
Services we provide
- Social groups such as coffee mornings
- parenting courses and training events
- advice and information
- counselling and therapeutic support
- children's activities and events
- monthly parent and toddler groups
- therapeutic services including: single adopters network, same sex adopters social groups, adopters of children with Special Educational Needs (SEND), letterbox support for family confidentiality.
- a newsletter twice a year for people who adopt with information on training, events, support groups and recommended books.
Please call 01438 844488 or email AdoptionSupport@hertfordshire.gov.uk for more information on how we can help you.
Our lines are open 9am – 5.30pm Monday and Wednesdays and 9am-4.30pm on Fridays. Please feel free to leave a message on Tuesday and Thursdays and we will get back to you as soon as we can.
Adoption Support Team
228a Hatfield Road