Training and support
- You'll get specialised training to foster teenagers.
- We'll be there to guide you through every step of the fostering process, from preparation training to get you started to ongoing development.
- We offer 24/7 local support. If you need us, we're here.
- You'll have a dedicated social worker, providing regular monthly supervision.
- You'll also have an experienced foster carer buddy who'll offer additional support.
Pay and allowances
As a foster carer, you’ll get a weekly payment, plus a weekly allowance of up to £446 for each child you look after.
To help cover the costs of looking after a child, you'll also get:
- a generous mileage allowance
- a setting-up fee for furniture and equipment
- 2 weeks additional summer payments
- holiday and birthday allowance
- initial clothing and school uniform allowance
- festivities allowance
- discounts online and in high street stores through Herts Rewards.