Training and Support
- You will receive specialised training to foster siblings. We'll be there to guide you through every step of the fostering process from preparation training to get you started to ongoing development.
- We offer 24/7 local support. If you need us we're always here to help. You will have a dedicated social worker, providing regular monthly supervision and an experienced foster carer buddy who'll offer additional support.
We’ll help you be the best foster carer you can be.
Pay and Allowances
As a foster carer, you’ll receive a weekly payment for your skills, plus a weekly allowance for each child you look after.
To help cover the costs of looking after a child, you'll also receive:
- generous mileage allowance
- setting up fee for furniture and equipment
- 2 weeks additional summer payments
- holiday and birthday allowance
- initial clothing and school uniform allowance
- festivities allowance
- discounts online and in high street stores through Herts Rewards.
Payment for foster carers